First in line for greatness is going to be moi. I know this may sound a tad conceited but after spending the last 3 years with my 'life' on hold, I think I need to do a critical self-assessment and start ticking some boxes. So:
- Health - underactive thyroid is now under control, but need to take it to the next level and get the rest of myself back on track. Fear not, this is not going to be a diet blog! Yawn!
- Mobility - having conquered the demons around my fear of driving, I now have my L's and am about to go for my provisional licence. Really looking forward to it and have a sneaking suspicion that this liberation from immobility will bring a few surprises...
- Education - I need to enrol in and complete some form of tertiary study. I am feeling quite stagnant in the area of self-development and am really quite sick of myself talking and thinking about going back to study but doing f-all about it. Sick of it!
Okay. Now that is out there in black and white there are no excuses.
Secondly, THE HOUSE! Given we are in the throws of renovating, there is a mountain-load of work to be done around the finer details. You know, the place where the devil is said to reside. So I need to dedicate 5 hours a week minimum on looking at finishings, tiles, paint colours, window treatments etc etc so it doesn't catch me off guard and throw me in a tizz when the time comes to actually 'finish' the house.
Thirdly, PAID WORK. I am still undecided as to whether I want to work for the money (so who cares what I do) or get back on that career ladder (so I want to love my job). Then throw in my desire to get a book published (where will I have the time amongst reno's, looking after two children under 3, and working) and start an online business and I get confused. But I do need to muddle through this otherwise I will get that annoying ricochet of white noise in my head that starts up when I have too much to think about but don't actually do anything about it. Are we sensing a recurring theme here? :)
So, 2010 is going to be big. And on top of it all, there is a fantastic life to be lived so I think I will have my work cut out. But as they say, big risks = big rewards, and there is no reward for a life half-lived.
No comments:
Post a Comment